- What information does Image Skincare collect about you on our Sites and Social Media Pages?
- How do we use the information we collect about you?
- How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other sites that you visit and what choices do you have?
- Does Image Skincare share your information with third parties?
- What choices do you have over how Image Skincare uses your information?
- How does Image Skincare secure your information on its Sites?
- How can I contact Image Skincare?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DOES IMAGE SKINCARE COLLECT ABOUT YOU ON OUR SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES?
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when:
- you provide us information
- we observe or collect information through technology
- we receive information about you from third parties
- we collect information on our Social Media Pages.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We may ask you to provide information about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
- email address
- telephone number
- social security number
- username and password
- payment card information
- financial information
- user generated content
- demographic information
- customer satisfaction surveys
- personal preferences
- employment history
We may allow you to use your personal social media account associated with third party social media sites (“Personal Social Media Account”), to provide information to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites.
This information may include any information you have shared on your Personal Social Media Accounts, such as the following:
- profile picture
- user ID
- list of friends
- work history
It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later. You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our Sites.
INFORMATION OBSERVED OR COLLECTED THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
a. Navigational Information. Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version
- operating system
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address and other unique identifiers
- use of links to arrive at our Sites
- web pages requested and viewed
- time spent on our Sites
- for our mobile websites and apps, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear
b. Location Information. Our Sites and emails include features that may require collecting different types of location information that we then use for the specific feature you have selected, such as:
- Retail locator. Our Sites may allow you to search for an authorized reseller of Image Skincare products near you. If you access one of our Sites through a mobile device and you have enabled location-based services, specific location information may be collected for these features. If you access these features through a desktop device, you may be able to choose to have your browser provide us your location information to respond to your request. The specificity of the desktop device location information can vary depending on the browser you are using and how you are connected to the internet.
- Email. Our emails may use your IP Address to determine the postal code where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of nearby Image Skincare locations. The specificity of the location can vary depending on the device used to open our emails.
- Mobile offers. If you consent to receive them, we may send offers to your mobile devices when you are in certain locations.
c. Cookies and other similar technology. We and our third-party service providers use “cookies.” Cookies assign a unique identification to your device and are typically stored on your device by your web browser. We may also use pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) on the Sites and in emails. A pixel tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
The information we and our third-party service providers collect through cookies, pixel tags and similar technology includes the following:
- your interactions with our Sites and with our advertisements
- the time of your visit to our Sites
- confirmation when you open email from us, including the time you open the email and whether you click on any links in the email
- sites you visit after visiting our Sites
Some information about your use of our Sites and certain third-party services may be collected using tracking technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Sites and certain third-party services.
You can block cookies using your browser controls but if you do so certain features and functionality of our Sites may not work. For easy access, here are links on how to manage cookies from some of the more popular browsers:
INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may combine information about you from other sources with the information we have collected about you on our Sites or Social Media Pages. For example, in connection with searching and applying for jobs with us, we may use a third party to collect and process the applicant profiles and preferences, monitor website activity, maintain the database based in the U.S and provide plug-ins (such as LinkedIn) at your request.
We may also engage third-party service providers for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them marketing on our behalf (i.e. email or direct mail). These third-party service providers may collect information directly from your device, such as your IP address, device ID, and information about your browser or operating system; may combine personal and non-personal information about you with information from other sources; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. This activity enables them to identify you to facilitate the delivery of marketing on our behalf, including Interest-based Advertising. To opt out of recognition services, please go to https://idx.listrakbi.com/opt-out.html. To learn more about the choices you have regarding Interest-based Advertising see “3. How is technology used to serve our advertisements on other Sites that you visit and what choices do you have?”.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON IMAGE SKINCARE'S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may use your personal information and other information about your in connection with the Sites and our business as permitted by applicable law. The information we learn from you helps us personalize your experience with us and our communications to you and helps us continually improve your experience on our Sites.
We use the information you provide, information collected through your Personal Social Media Accounts, and information collected on our Social Media Pages, including your personal information, for things like:
- opening an online account
- improving and developing our products
- servicing our customers
- advertising and marketing, including emails, texts and postal mail
- personalizing your experience when visiting our Sites
- responding to your inquiries
- market research and surveys
- conducting events, promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- processing job applications
We use navigational information gathered through technology for determining things like:
- which parts of our Sites are most visited or used
- what features/products are browsed
- how to improve and better transact business
- the effectiveness of our Sites
- lead generation
- difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Sites
- monitoring the number of visitors to our Sites
- average time spent on our Sites
- any programming errors or failures on any of our Sites
We use information collected through cookies and similar technology to determine many of the same things listed for navigational information above. In addition, cookies and similar technology are used for things like:
- personalizing your experience on our Sites
- serving tailored ads on other sites, as described below
- tailoring email marketing to you based on your preferences on, or use of, our Sites
- determining return visitors
- measuring the effectiveness of our advertising
Additionally, the Sites may offer you the option to send a communication to a friend or other contact. If so, we rely on you to only send to people that have given you permission to do so. The recipient’s personal information you provide (e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication, but not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person. Your contact information and message may be included in the communication.
3. HOW IS TECHNOLOGY USED TO SERVE OUR ADVERTISEMENTS ON OTHER SITES THAT YOU VISIT AND WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
We may contract with third party advertising companies to tailor online advertising to be directed to you on other websites and online services (“Interest-based Advertising”). These third-party advertising companies place, use, or rely on tracking technology, such as cookies and pixel tags, to obtain information about your interactions with our Sites as well as with other websites. This information helps us select advertising to serve to you and where to serve it based on your experience on our Sites and other sites that you visit. You may opt to not accept cookies. You should be aware that our systems do not recognize “Do Not Track” signals from all browsers since there is not currently an accepted standard for how to respond to such signals.
You may choose whether to receive some Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, including use of Cross-device Data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program specifically for mobile apps (including use of precise location for third party ads). Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. We support the ad industry’s 2009 Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and expect that ad networks we directly engage to serve you Interest-based Advertising will do so as well, though we cannot guaranty their compliance. We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
4. DOES IMAGE SKINCARE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- Authorized Image Skincare professional accounts or other resellers of Image Skincare products
- Our contractors, vendors, affiliates and third-party service providers in order to perform tasks on our behalf such as the following:
a. facilitating your purchase
b. assisting in servicing our products
c. providing and improving our communications with you
d. responding to requests to our investor relations
e. cloud based and hosting services
- When it is necessary for completing or servicing any transactions that you have authorized and, in some instances, to verify the existence or condition of your account with a financial institution, credit bureau or other third party
- to verify an application for employment
- as required to cooperate with a subpoena, search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, court order or other legal process, or as required or permitted by law
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others, including where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- as necessary and appropriate to protect Image Skincare from harm due to fraud or other illegal activities.
If Image Skincare were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company (“Corporate Transaction(s)”). We may also share aggregate and/or de-identified data with third parties, such as in connection with reporting information about our sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other related Site information with, but none of this data is connected to an individual’s personal information.
5. DO THIRD PARTIES THEMSELVES COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES?
The Sites may include hyperlinks to, or include on or in connection with the Sites (e.g., apps and plug-ins), websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties (“Third-Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit personal information from you.
Certain functionalities on the Sites permit interactions that you initiate between the Sites and certain Third-Party Services, such as third party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Sites and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” Image Skincare’s content; logging in to the Sites using your Third-Party Service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Sites); and to otherwise connect the Sites to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Sites). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Sites (See Section 2) or by the Third-Party Service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Sites (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Image Skincare in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with the Sites or otherwise by us. Also, both Image Skincare and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Sites and any Third-Party Service.
Image Skincare may engage and work with service providers and other third parties to serve advertisements on the Sites and/or on third-party services, including Interest-based Adverting. See Section 3 above for choice you may have regarding these activities.
6. WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE OVER HOW IMAGE SKINCARE USES YOUR INFORMATION?
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
1. Email: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as customer service communications.
2. Location Information:
a. Mobile Device Location Information. Your mobile device settings may allow you to disable location-based services, which will prevent our Sites from accessing your precise mobile device location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your device for instructions.
b. Desktop Device Location Information. Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Sites to access location information and/or completely block requests for location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your browser for instructions.
c. Email Location Information. Your email program may allow you to prevent the pixel tags or images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information. You can also unsubscribe from receiving our emails, as described in the "Email" section, above.
3. Postal Marketing: If you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us via regular postal mail, please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-796-7546 or email us at PrivacyRequest@imageskincare.com and tell us that you want to be removed from the Image Skincare postal mailing list, including the postal address you wish to have removed.
5. Text Messages: You may opt-out from receiving text messages from us by following the opt-out instructions in the text message or by contacting us as described below in Section 9 ("How Can I Contact Image Skincare?”).
Children’s Privacy: Our Sites are intended for adults, and not directed to children less than 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) from anyone under the age of 13 on our sites or marketing platforms in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If we become aware that anyone under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, we will delete the information from our records to the extent required by COPPA.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: California residents have certain additional rights as more fully detailed in our California Consumer Privacy Notice. In the event of a conflict between that notice and this policy, that notice will govern California resident’s privacy rights.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS: Although we do not “sell” “covered information” of Nevada “consumers” as those terms are defined by Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes, you may contact us here and register an e-mail contact address for us to provide you notice in the event we should do so in the future, at which point you will have an opportunity to be verified and exercise your opt-out rights under that law. Contact us in the same manner to update your contact email for notices. Changing your email elsewhere (e.g., informational requests, account information, etc.) will not update your Nevada notice contact information. It is your responsibility to keep your notice contact information current.
7. HOW DOES IMAGE SKINCARE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION ON IT'S SITES?
We use firewalls and have implemented other reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures designed to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Moreover, we regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. While we implement these security measures on our Sites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
9. HOW CAN I CONTACT IMAGE SKINCARE?
- Phone: Customer Care: 1-800-796-7546
- Email: PrivacyRequest@imageskincare.com
Be sure to include your question or request, name, email, phone number and address information.
Effective as of: 6-24-20