The holidays can be filled with endless fun as you go about spending time with family and friends. But this festive time of year can also bring a lack of sleep, too much stress, and a whole host of skincare-related issues. It’s no secret that stress can send your immune system into a spiral causing inflammation, acne, and other visible issues to your normally smooth and clear skin.
Even if you’re not at home, it’s important to stay on top of your skincare routine. Taking some time to escape from the festivities and give yourself a bit of pampering is not only a great way to ensure you don’t notice the telltale signs of blemishes on your complexion, but it can also be a surefire way to help relax your body and mind.
Let’s go over a variety of seasonal tips for your new holiday routine which can not only help manage your stress levels, but can also depuff your eyes, brighten up your skin, and shrink your pores.
Don’t Ignore Hydration
We’re sure you’ve heard it many times before, but drinking water is good for your entire body, including your skin! During the cooler months and seasonal festivities, you may be caught up visiting with friends and enjoying a wide range of cocktails and other drinks.
As a result, this can lead to dehydration from lack of water. You might notice your complexion is more dull than usual, pores appear larger, and wrinkles look more prominent. By increasing your water intake, your skin will become more plump and surface blemishes will be less likely to appear.
If adequate water intake is just not possible, try to focus on skincare products that put an emphasis on hydration. For example, the Brightening Collection includes three products that are excellent for restoring moisture into your skin.
You’ll find four great products in this collection including:
- The MAX™ facial cleanser is specifically made to condition and nourish your skin while sweeping away the day's impurities.
- VITAL C hydrating anti-aging serum to support your skin’s elasticity while also softening the appearance of wrinkles.
- VITAL C hydrating repair crème that will leave your skin feeling smooth, soft and hydrated after a busy day.
- I MASK hydrating hydrogel sheet mask to restore amino acids and antioxidants and leave your skin radiant and glowing.
- And a Luxe vegan leather cosmetic bag for conveniently carrying everything along with you on the holidays!
Moisturize and Exfoliate
Moisturizing is an important step to include in any holiday routine for skin care. It will leave your skin feeling hydrated, smooth and fresh. Start your day with a great moisturizing session, and repeat it again at night to give your skin a chance to repair itself after a stressful and busy day.
The holidays will most likely keep you on the move for way too long when it comes to catching holiday sales, visiting with friends and family, and attending parties and get-togethers. But you should still set aside some time in the morning and evening to thoroughly moisturize your skin.
If you can’t decide on a selection of skin care products to help with moisturizing and exfoliating, consider the Expert Collection holiday gift set. This great set of four products includes:
- ILUMA® intense brightening exfoliating cleanser to visibly brighten and refine your skin with a luxurious foam cleanser.
- AGELESS total pure hyaluronic filler that helps soften and smooth the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your skin.
- PREVENTION+® daily matte moisturizer SPF 32 that not only moisturizes, but provides protection against the sun’s harmful rays.
- ORMEDIC® balancing lip enhancement complex to moisturize your lips for that naturally firm and full appearance.
- And a stylish Luxe vegan leather cosmetic bag to carry everything along with you.
Staying on top of your moisturizing and exfoliating regimen throughout the holiday season is extremely important. Even if you have just five minutes to pamper yourself, applying your favorite moisturizing and exfoliating product can go a long way in ensuring your skin stays blemish free this holiday season.
Even though the holidays can be extremely busy and stressful, a few minutes of downtime away from family and friends is all you need to stay on top of your holiday skin care routine. Whether you only have 5 minutes for a quick exfoliating cleanser, or you want to spend 15 minutes pampering yourself with a hydrating sheet mask, the right products can help maintain your skin while washing away stress.
Keeping yourself hydrated from the inside out is a very important step to consider. Whether it’s just by increasing your intake of water or by focusing on hydrating skincare products such as those in the Brightening Collection, well hydrated skin will be plump and more youthful. It’s a very simple step to take when it comes to keeping your skin happy and healthy this holiday season.